A Security Officer’s main role is to protect people, property, and proprietary information by monitoring property access and building operational systems, as well as enforcing security protocols, property rules and the law. Security Officers utilize observation skills and acute attention to detail to observe and document all activity within a designated post, provide a professional presence and exceptional customer service to employees, tenants, and visitors of the property.
- Protect property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference
- Enforce property rules and regulations designed to prevent breaches of security
- Conduct patrols of the property checking for irregularities and inspecting protection devices and fire control equipment
- Monitor CCTV, access control systems, where available
- Maintain strict control and accountability for all assigned keys and badges
- Responsible for maintenance and daily inventory of all equipment issued
- Scan checkpoint tokens to record property tours, document results via tour reporting software. Maintain 100% rate tour accuracy and completion
- Write detailed and accurate daily reports of incidents or irregularities for submission to the customer; utilize mobile tour application for reporting, where available
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the property’s post orders; follow instructions as documented in the post orders
- Remain alert for the presence of unauthorized persons, trespassers, and/or security violations
- Approach suspicious persons, escort trespassers off property and call the police, if needed, following protocol for issuing a criminal trespass notice
- Assist visitors and customers by answering questions and giving directions; maintain high level of professionalism and customer service
- Exercise judgment and use discretion in dealing with emergencies and security violations encountered
- Determine whether first response should be to intervene directly (asking for assistance when deemed necessary and time allows), to keep situation under surveillance, or to report situation so that it can be handled by appropriate authority
- Follow up on all customer and management requests
- Communicate effectively with Priebe Security leadership team, property management and teammates
- Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting security areas and de-escalation
- Complete all assigned training, keep required certifications current
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform rigorous foot patrol duties for an entire shift
- Essential duties require the ability to stand, stoop, bend, climb stairs, and walk for an extended period
- Ability to lift and move 30 lbs. unassisted Must possess strong customer service skills
- Must be able to operate telephones in a professional manner
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of basic computer knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
At least 25 years of age
High school diploma or GED
Be able to pass a background check & a drug test
Be able to meet Texas DPS Level II licensure requirements and take all steps to obtain license, upon hire
Basic computer skills, at minimum
Professional Appearance – adhere to Priebe Security Services dress code
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or GED
Additional Information / Benefits
We have an employee focused culture and provide our employees with a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, company paid Gold’s Gym membership, professional development and career advancement opportunities.
We are proud to provide superior customer service while maintaining a great work environment.
In honor of your previous Military Service, Priebe Security Services, Inc. will pay for all of your administrative licensing fees!
Priebe Security Services, Inc. is a tobacco free workplace.
TX DPS #B13087
PRIEBE SECURITY SERVICES, INC. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation
This is a Full-Time position